A NATURAL LANGUAGE PROCESSOR FOR NAVIGATION AND ALERTS
OVERVIEW: The project below is a short comic book narrative articulating an artificial intelligence design proposal to respond to the separation of undocumented immigrant families in the United States.
NOTE: Special thanks to Jazmin Chavez, an inspiring activist/creative/organizer/mentor and friend. The project was inspired by her. Ángel utilized her initial concept to explore new opportunities and possibilities with his working knowledge of emerging technologies. The goal is to narrow the gap between the advancements of technologies and marginalized people.
Early Design Inspiration
Avoid creating another app or wearable by hacking current accessories. Employ design strategies that adhere to privacy. Develop visual language to introduce product or service for language access.
- Print a dual language brochure.
- Submit brochures to existing advocacy groups for critical dialogue, feedback, and support.
- Draft a service journey map and a funding map.
- Hold a co-design workshop with immigrant communities.
- Update design proposal.
Feedback from Design Community
- What are the ethics of audio recording law enforcement?
- How can we, designers or non designers, develop technology with out surveillance?
- Who owns sound? What are the ethics of sound recording?
- What opportunities can be created between existing coalitions and youth to support undocumented people?