A NATURAL LANGUAGE PROCESSOR FOR NAVIGATION AND ALERTS
NOTE: Special thanks to Jazmin Chavez, an inspiring activist/creative/ organizer/mentor and friend. The project was inspired by her. I utilized her concept to explore new opportunities and possibilities with my working knowledge of emerging technologies. My goal is to narrow the gap between the advancements of technologies and marginalized people.
Overview: The project below is a short narrative articulating an artificial intelligence design proposal to respond to the separation of undocumented immigrant families in the United States.
Early Design Inspiration
Avoid creating another app or wearable by hacking current accessories. Employ design strategies that adhere to privacy. Develop visual language to introduce product or service for language access.
- What are the ethics of audio recording law enforcement?
- How can we, designers or non designers, develop technology with out surveillance?
- Who owns sound?
- What are the ethics of sound?
- What opportunities can be created between existing coalitions and youth to support undocumented people?
- Print a Spanish and English version into a brochure.
- Submit brochures to existing advocacy groups for critical dialogue and support.
- Draft a service journey map and a funding map.
- Hold a co-design workshop with immigrant.
- Update design proposal.